Where Should Change Start?
This post takes a look at a seven (7) point ad published on 9/17/2023 which was paid for by the Town of Evans GOP. Penn & Teller would appreciate the misdirection!
Every election cycle, Evans voters hear about the need for change. Unfortunately, the only change is the new names on the town’s stationery.
The candidates would like us to believe that it is the “Ds” vs. the “Rs”. The truth is the current four-member town board has two voting blocks.
- Macko (R) & Schraft (D)
- George (R) & Reitz (D)
Use the Election 2023 Menu to view comments on the 7 points.
Issues And Questions For The Candidates
Below are some issues and questions you might want to discuss with the candidates while they ask you for your vote.
- Evans Town Taxes
- How does Evans lower some of the highest taxes in Erie County?
- Water Bills
- How does Evans get water bills, the highest in Erie County, under control?
- Why is there no senior discount on the water bills?
- Water Project Spending
- How does Evans get water project spending and the debt to pay for it under control?
- Evans has 12.5 miles of waterfront. Why not make developing tourism a top priority?
- Helping existing businesses vs. attracting new businesses
- Why is the town’s low-interest small business loan program top secret?
- Thruway Exit Development
- Why does Evans have the only undeveloped Thruway exit in Erie County?
- Why aren’t the town & school boundaries the same?
- Open Government
- Why do only a tiny handful of residents attend town board meetings?
That is seven alternative topics. It easily could have been 77!
- BONUS ISSUE!: The Sturgeon Point Marina
- Why must residents battle to keep the marina open, fight to get sewers, and focus on developing the town’s #1 asset?
Use the ELECTION 2023 MENU to read more!