Issues And Questions For The Candidates
Below are some issues and questions you might want to discuss with the candidates when they ask you for your vote.
- Evans Town Taxes
- How does Evans lower some of the highest taxes in Erie County?
- Water Bills
- How does Evans get water bills, the highest in Erie County, under control?
- Why is there no senior discount on the water bills?
- Water Project Spending
- How does Evans get water project spending and the debt to pay for it under control?
- Recreation & Tourism
- Evans has 12.5 miles of waterfront. Why not make developing recreation & tourism a top priority?
- Helping existing businesses vs. attracting new businesses
- Why is the town’s low-interest small business loan program top secret?
- Thruway Exit Development
- Why does Evans have the only undeveloped Thruway exit in Erie County?
- Why aren’t the town & school boundaries the same?
- Open Government
- Why do only a tiny handful of residents attend town board meetings?
That is seven alternative topics. It easily could have been 77!
- BONUS ISSUE!: The Sturgeon Point Marina
- Why must residents battle to keep the marina open, fight to get sewers, and focus on developing the town’s #1 asset?
Use the ELECTION 2023 MENU to read more!